Please, complete the submission form at the end of this page
Participation is open to professionals and beginners, regardless of age, country or language.
The official languages of the WATERLAT-GOBACIT Network are English, Portuguese, and Spanish. In cases where the original version of the video is in a different language, we require subtitles in any of three official languages of the Network.
The videos will have a maximum length of 15 minutes.
The competition proposes four themes for the videos. It is possible to address more than one theme in a video, but one of the proposed three themes must receive priority.
This is the general theme of Network’s XI International Meeting: Water, Territory and Substantive Democracy: building political projects in defence of life.
The second theme is Social class inequality in water conflicts and struggles.
Theme 3. The third theme is Bottled water and its multiple facets and impacts.
The fourth theme is open, but must be water-related.
Check carefully the Criteria explained in point 6 below.
The videos can be presented in the following categories:
- Open category (it can be a mix of categories, and can also include educational materials, journalistic research, etc.).
- Contribution to the Network’s Objectivesand
- Consistency with the theme chosen (point4).
- Pertinence to the category chosen (point 5).
- Visual aesthetics.
- Quality and originality (of approach and narrative perspective).
- Conceptual consistency and clarity of the message.
- Focus and reach of the message (specification of the public or publics addressed, etc.).
Digital media in one of the following formts: .MOV; .MPEG4; .AVI; .WMV; .MPEGPS; .FLV; .3GPP; .WebM
Those interested in participating in the Competition must send an e-mail to the WATERLAT-GOBACIT Network’s Secretariat,
with the following information:
- Complete name of the author/s of the video.
- Complete name of the contact person.
- Complete contact details of the contact person (full address, city, country, telephone, e-mail).
- Title, category, and date of production of the video.
- Indicate if the video has been submitted for evaluation to other competitions.
- Indicate if the video has been awarded a prize in other competitions.
- Important: videos produced before 30 September 2019 or videos that have already been awarded a prize cannot participate in the main competition but will be included in a competition for an Honour Mention.
- Short abstract of the topic covered by the video, and data sheet including language, duration, format, etc.
- Declaration of authorship. By submitting their video to the competition, the author/s automatically declare to be authors of the work and that it is not subject to any third-party property rights. The WATERLAT-GOBACIT Network reserves the right to exclude from the competition those videos that do not comply with this requirement, at any moment, including after the final decision if any evidence emerges of anomalies with regard to the work’s property rights. The author/s are fully responsible for any problems caused by violations to authors’ rights in their videos.
- After receiving this document, we will inform the authors how to transfer the video file online.
The reception of videos for the Competition will close on 31 May 2020.
10. Rights of dissemination
The WATERLAT-GOBACIT Network reserves the right to use the videos presented to the Competition in its activities of education, research, public debate, and any other relevant activities. All Network activities are non-profit. This does not infringe the rights of the authors to the acknowledgement of their authorship. The WATERLAT-GOBACIT Network uses the Creative Commons – Attribution license and publishes its videos in its Youtube channel.
The Network will be also able to use the videos for promotion purposes exclusively connected with this Competition.
11. Evaluation, awards and acknowledgements
- The Evaluation Commission will produce a selection of all videos that have complied with the evaluation criteria mentioned in points 1-8 and will produce a ranked list according to the merits of each work.
- The ranked list will have two categories: a) videos that participate in the main competition and b) videos that compete for the Special Honour Mention (see “Presentation”, point 8 above).
- In addition to the competition winner, all videos achieving 80 percent of the total mark given by the Evaluation Commission will receive an Honour Mention. All these videos will be also published in the WATERLAT-GOBACIT Community at the European Union’s Zenodo Repository, which provides a Digital Object Identification (DOI) number and enhanced international dissemination.
- All pre-selected videos will be awarded with dissemination through different platforms, including permanent presence in a dedicated Playlist of the WATERLAT-GOBACIT Network’s Youtube Channel.
- All participants whose videos pass the evaluation process will receive an official certificate.
- The videos will have additional dissemination through the activities of the Network’s member institutions, in educational and other activities.
12. Announcement of results
The Competition results will be announced during the Network’s XI International Meeting, which will take place on 5-9 October 2010 at the University of Guanajuato, Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico.
Please, complete the submission form below
For more details or to ask for clarification please send an e-mail to WATERLAT-GOBACIT Network’s Secretariat.